Friday, April 13, 2012

My Story!

My story is a lot like Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  I've included the first page just in case you are not familiar with the story.  But here is MY story.


MarJean and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Maybe O.K. Week
I can't say that Monday was to bad of a day.  The only problem with Monday was it was the last day of Spring Break and I had to go back to school on Tuesday.  But then just watch out.
Tuesday started pretty good.  Early Afternoon I had to meet with the parents of one of my students.  I can't say much about this student. (The last thing I need is the Ethics Board on my back.) Let my just say that if I worked in a bigger district he would not be in my class but in a Behavior Unit School.  The meeting didn't go all that swell.  As I was leaving the meeting the principal said she needed to talk with me.  She asked me if I would like to switch grades next year.  I told no! Absolutely NO!  She then tells me I didn't have a choice.  If I wanted to still have a job I would have to leave the love of my life Kindergarten and move to 2nd grade.  I had a hard time finishing the day.  I got home and cried and cried and cried.  
Wednesday was a real BLUE day. I just didn't have it in me to do much.  I hadn't slept well, wonder why (LOL), and was ready to start the day at school when I realized I didn't have my contacts in.  What a great, blurry day.  I came home from school to find out that my mother cat had had her babies 3 weeks early and none of them survived.  What else could go wrong!
Thursday I woke up to 3+ inches of snow, yes snow, on the ground. Great I thought.  It was Bunco last night which always lifts my spirits. Yeah!!!!!! Something Good.
I felt that the week couldn't get any worse.  Then I went to school Friday.  The above mentioned student had a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!!!  I had to have help to remove him for the class. I just needed something renewing.  So I called a friend and we decided to go to the Temple.  After 1 1/2 hours of driving we got to Manti to find the Temple closed for cleaning. Really!  We drove into Ephriam to shop at WalMart. My Aunt Nola and her daughter were there.  I don't believe I have seen them since mom's funeral.  It was so good to visit just a minute with them.  Yeah!  My friend and I had a great drive laughing and talking and uplifting each other.  So Maybe the week ended OK after all. 
Oh.......wait.  It's not over until tomorrow!  Pray for me.

6 comments:

  1. You're right I laughed! But not at you...with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad you're not going to be in Kindergarten any more! I cried when I read that. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were the only one with the credentials to teach kindergarten...I was really looking forward to all of my kids having you for kindergarten! I am sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your blog! I've been to GMFR too. Anywho, I was forced to switch from 4th to 3rd. I was peeved majorly! I fought it tooth and nail. It happened anyway. God really used this experience to draw me closer to Him. He used this experience to teach me a lot, and now I'm actually in a better situation in the new grade.

      Delete
    2. Love your blog! I've been to GMFR too. Anywho, I was forced to switch from 4th to 3rd. I was peeved majorly! I fought it tooth and nail. It happened anyway. God really used this experience to draw me closer to Him. He used this experience to teach me a lot, and now I'm actually in a better situation in the new grade.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry MarJean. That is like losing your job and getting a new one before you knew the old one was lost. I hope you are able to find new joys in second grade that didn't exist in kindergarten (like maybe a slightly longer lunch break or something...)

    ReplyDelete