Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tender Moment

Today was school hike day. After hiking is over we have a picnic lunch and play. I was sitting at a picnic table and close by a couple of moms and kids were sitting on a blanket.  I was talking with a 2 year old little boy.  (Brother of one of my students.) He came over and asked to get on my lap.  I picked him up.  He just cuddled right into my arms and their he sat.  I tried to put him down a couple of times and he would just want right back up.  When mom came to get him to go home he wouldn't go with her.  He wanted to stay.  When she picked him up off my lap he started to cry.  I  have never spent time with this little boy before.  It really warmed my heart that he felt so comfortable in my lap.  It was a good moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment